CR England, the truth behind the scam.

My husband found CR England through an online search engine and was pulled in by their flashy enrolement form.He filled everything out and waited for a call back hoping he might be one of those "select few" to meet the qualifications.

Sure enough 24 hours later he did get a call back, we should have known something was up when the "Overly Nice" female recruiter ran over everything just like a tele-marketer. She pitched everything with the "it's your lucky day!" attitude and told him slots where filling up but she could reserve him a spot in their "top of the line" school today. She told him going to the school was free and they took care of all the fees and he would have a job with them after it was over, all he needed to do was pay 64.00 for the DMV licence. Well she left out the other 136.00 for everything else which he had to pay "On arival" and get this, "they could send you home right there and you don't get any of the money back." So after they bussed him out to the middle of nowhere he found out that your not ensured a job at all, they're "evaluating" if they want to hire you.

You will drive for 3-4 months "in evaluation" before they will even let you know if your an employee or not and the whole time your not getting paid for the runs, they give you 64.00 a day!. That 430.00 a week isn't yours to take home you end up with between 50.00 and 65.00 a week, they take out fees for the school your still in plus health insurance. Wait, the "free" school? Yep, it's not free at all far from it but heres the kicker, they get 8000.00 from the state for you going to "their school".

So when your "paying them back" your really just lining there pockets with extra cash. So lets say you get dropped for whatever reason, you have to find your own way back because they'll kick you out of the kennel.. I mean hotel.. your in within a hour and there isn't anything within a 20 mile radious and its 110+ degrees outside.

Now if your lucky enough to get kicked out before 5:45 in the morning you might be able to go the 20 miles and get on a Grey Hound or train for 31.00 to 50.00 bucks and that's if their kind enough to drive you back. So you go through the two weeks of speed training and now you get your cdl, if you have a family don't expect to be seeing them anytime soon because they will use you as a work horse during your "evaluation" to get as many runs out of you as they possibly can because your not getting paid for them. Hopefully your family has another source of income because your not going to be making Sh** and after your "evaluation". If they don't drop you they'll push you to take over their lease and unless your leasing they wont give you enough runs to live on.

Even after you start leasing they only give you enough runs to cover their payment its the same thing as before but now you pay for "Everything!" It wasn't my husbands fault, he just got sucked in. He took this job to put food on the table and keep a roof over the kids heads but instead they're working him to death, the kids won't see him for another 3+ months and are heart broken and now we have to go live with my mother just to make ends meat.

Bu** Sh**!CR England is a scam!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 54 Yes 54 5 No 5
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Afde

Jun 03 #990991

Actually they tell you when you arrive that you pay back over time when otr and yes when you start classes the hotel and transportation is free you only need money for food and personal items. I went to an C R England class and I wasn't changed a cent even though I was forced to leave due to a personal issue. I know that C R England in my state is good to their words maybe your husband didn't get all his info right. Js

1 0 Reply
i got hypnosiss by them

Mar 21 #961762 Mountain View, California

You. For got there are m-f Mormons I believe every word you said .I use to work for them back in 2003-2005 they clean me up they took my money and theu are a drug truckfeeking company money loundring company that's what they do

biGdude home grown cali

Dec 03, 2014 #910173 California, United States

SO I'VE BEEN TAKLING WITH A RECRUITER ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL FOR THEM; AND I EVEN HAVE A RECORD, AND THEY TOLD ME AS LONG AS I WAS OFF PROBATION IT DIDN'T MATTER, AND ONCE THEY HAD PROOF THEY COULD ALLOW ME TO COME TO THEIR "PAID CDL TRAINING" (17 DAYS OF PAID TRAINING, 2 MONTHS OF OTR W/AN INSTRUCTOR (PAID) AND THEN SOLO DRIVING FOR THEIR COMPANY) .... when all was said and done and I was told that "things were good to go!". I had asked "WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED, HOW MUCH WILL I MAKE APPROXIMATELY EACH WEEK AFTER THE TWO MONTHS, CAN YOU SEND ME A COPY OF WHAT I NEED TO SIGN BEFORE I COME OUT TO WHEREVER THIS PLACE IS"... AND he waited over 24 hours to tell me that I've wasted his time, and they have filled my spot due to my "QUESTIONS" ... what a waste of time. unfortunately now I have to get my felony reduced .. and wait another 6 or so months before I can go to a more reputable school. I was just looking for a freer ride. I could care less about home time, and not taking any showers... seemed like normal life to me and getting paid for it, AWESOME. I'M really bummed out. luis.gutierrez@crengland.com IS A JOKE, AND GAVE FALSE PROMISES. AND NEVER EVEN TOLD ME WHERE HE'S LOCATED. AFTER HE SAID THAT EVERYTHING WAS 'GOOD TO GO!" HE WROTE A SPEIL ABOUT THE 17 DAYS, 2 MOS OF PAID W/ MENTOR, AND SOLO DRIVING.. HE NEVER SAID WHERE I WOULD BE DRIVING TO FROM CALIFORNIA. IT'S just so frustrating. hopefully my exp can help someone else say no TO C.R.ENGLAND. DEC/3/2014 CR ENGLAND.... Show more

0 2 Reply
Trucker4 Life2

Jan 11 #929630 Downey, California

It's sounds like you're just mad and have no one else to blame because you're a felon and didn't meet their hiring bro. It's always good to say the truth before they run backgrounds. I'm not a lawyer or anything but I'm sure you can get sued for writing this as well. Slandering is illegal.
I've been in the trucking industry for 8 years now as of February and I know C.R england is known for having the best training. Don't go with private schools that charge you for everything. I never worked for them because I own my own truck but Ive transported some of their loads.

1 1 Reply
Manny D

Oct 23, 2014 #889530

It's good to go get your cdl and leave. I am a recent graduate of their school. I think that too an extent that the school is ok, but the company (C.R. England) is a terrible one. They will *** you in money and quality home time. You will never see your family. I was recently looking and found Schneider National. They are a great trucking company to work for. They have an amazing pay rate. They also have a great work to home time ratio. I would recommend Schneider to anyone, but you have to have a decent to clean background. I hope this helps.

aurora

Dec 06, 2012 #578832 San Antonio, Texas

hello all,

I already have my license but I havn't driven in 10 years. When I did drive I only drove for 3 months. I am going to go to CR England for 1 year to gain the experience I need to come back and work for the oil companies in South Tx. I will not lease from them. Do you still think I wont make any money? I know for sure that I won't make any money the first 3 months, but after that? CR England said they would put me in a 10 day non paid program refresher, after that i would go with a trainer at 430 a week before taxes. after they deem me worthy of being solo they will release me to make between 500-600 a week. If they are such a crummy company, can you recommend anywhere else to go and apply?

Thanks, Aurora

Bg

Jan 11 #929640 Los Angeles, California

Do your homework and you'll realize that a job paying more than 600 a week require a degree. Do you have a degree?? Quit complaining and hustle for your money. I've been in trucking for 5 years and in 2014 made 107K. I own my own truck and trailer and have swift and crengland as my dispatch. When I first started I was making 300 every week. Wtf are you complaining about?

wb

Oct 28, 2012 #561248

do not work for them and do not train for them you will not get paid. and there is a class action suit agnint them please, look it up, my brother is apart of that class action suit but lost his papers. try to find everything I am here to tell you at 100% CR England is a scam. now if you just want to get your cdl,and move on and if you can handle the rough talking truck drivers,and dirty places to stay. then get in and get out.and fing a company that will hire you.from the training you get from C R England,that will treat you with respect I know they will not.

Trucker4 life2

Jan 11 #929633 Downey, California

Cr ENGLAND is not a scam. I see their trucks on the road more than swift or any other company. They're *** huge. I've been in the trucking for 8 years now and own my own truck. That's the way to go! Own your own truck and get paid! But if you have no experience and don't know *** about trucking it's good to go with a company like cr England. I don't know how much they pay but everyone says they have the best training anyone could ask for. I gor my license on my own. My family are all truck drivers.

Frank12

Oct 23, 2012 #559183

Just STAY AWAY FROM CR ENGLAND CDL A TRAINING . DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS IS FOR FREE OR ANY OTHER OFFER FROM THEM OK !!! BEFORE YOU GET MORE PROBLEMS AND THAT MAKE YOU STUCK REAL WELL.ALSO YOU WILL RESPONSIBLE FOR LEASING A TRUCK AT 100% FROM YOUR POCKET TO FIX UP WHATEVER AND WHENEVER THE TRUCK BROKE DOWN ON YOU , THE COMPANY WON'T PAY FOR YOU OR HELP YOU OUT FOR ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS YOU GET OR YOU HAVE !!! SO, STAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN .....!! ALL THEY DO IS MAKING MORE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES AND NOTHING TO CARE ABOUT YOU FOLKS !!! AND NOW, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!.....

Buddy Fro

Jan 11 #929634 San Jose, California

It sounds like you work for swift or another company that's afraid of CR England.

anthony

Aug 29, 2012 #535579

I work for them now, just riding out the six months an I was gone, just wanted a license an job history, c r England use it as a stepping stone, not a permanent job, their like credit, play the game and cash out. Its true the instructors just teach u to pass the test u get ur experience on the road when ur ALONE!

1 0 Reply
Butt-Licker

Jul 02, 2012 #505963

:upset

billi

Jun 28, 2012 #503671

iwas run off the road by a drunk driver my reward was to be let go while in hostipol]instead of letting the drunk driver hit or me hit them i protected cr from a wrongful death suit now because of them and my dac i having trouble getting a job ty england they want clones and not people who can think on their feet stay far faaaar away from them

1 1 Reply
Bad Luck

May 07, 2012 #476596

I too had very bad luck with them.
I am still working on how to get an 80,000 dollar truck thing off my credit. Even after returning it to them they put it on there anyways. I would have nothing good to say about England.

bigazhell 310

Dec 24, 2011 #396730

i got robbed by these people too , for 18mnths my truck made 170,000.00 for the yr i made less than 14k and am responsible for all the taxes ...... GO FIGURE :upset

bigazhell 310

Dec 24, 2011 #396729

Trucker4 life2

Jan 11 #929636 Downey, California

It sounds like you were just too lazy to work. You can't own a truck and expect to be home every *** day. Are you white or something?
I have been
Working for 8 years. I Have owened me truck and made 103K in 2014. After all my truck payments and repairs that's what I brought home. Idk about you, but I don't have a degree. I just hustle.

phuck england

Dec 11, 2011 #389176

as a former student use it as a school. its a school. what do you do after you graduate you get out. you dont stick around. as far as training goes some instructors are grate and they tell you they are not teaching you how to drive a truck. they are just teaching you how to pass the state test. 3 simple backs. as far as the price they never said it was free, the price goes up and down every month. oh after you get your cdl and drive for thirty days you can train someone eles. wow 30 days.

Joe F

Nov 11, 2011 #372819

I wish that some of your comments either made sense or were less than a novel in length so that I could get a real sense of what their training is like. I am in agreement that most schooling or training isn't free and requires sacrifice and dedication, especially in the beginning, so I'm just feeling a "wah wah for you" coming on for those commenters determined to "make them pay" for their mess they are in. Really....is there, or isn't there a need for CDL drivers right now? If there is not then I will seek training in another field. Can anyone answer truthfully without all your personal woes and complaining that its not doing what YOU think it should? Can a person make a decent living being a CDL driver?

1-20 of 46 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cr England. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Cr England.
Filing a new complaint about