Cr England - Scam scam scam

signed up for the CR England truck driving school in Richmond Indiana .Was told if I started before a certain date my $3,000.00 fee for the schooling would be cancelled and I would not have to pay .Only had to pay $50.00 for the administration fee ,and $47.00 for the permit fee and $35.00 for the DOT physical.But as soon as you go over to do the DOT physical weather you pass or fail they take your money.The day I did my physical they were sending people home because they had glasses ,they are obviously making money scamming anyone they possibly can they run at least 50 to 0ver 75 people everyday of the week through this process I guess they have a quota they have to make a day or week or month,It seemed like the only people that made it past the first 3 days were homeless or female .I think if everyone who has been screwed over by CR England would complain to the Better Business borough .They just might finally investigate this scam of a company.The best advice I can give anyone is stay as far away from this company as you can.If you don't believe me and the hundreds of other people than you get what you deserve .

review #299612
225 62 Helpful?
Had the same issue72 Comments35
Had an experience with Cr England?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 12 #983270

I'm not saying they are a scam, because they do help you get your cdl, but the trainers are very racist and just not happy people. I know both of the trainers I had didn't like me sleeping, and could care less if I had food or drink with me and didn't care if my family knew where I was. The one yelled at me for taking my prescriptions.

May 05 #980232

They told me if u stay with company for 9 mos u don't have to pay anything and I've been reading on commits that people are saying about the pre dem that's not true that's why they say bring ur own money

Apr 30 #978433

You have no idea of what you are talking about. You sound like a complete ***

Apr 28 #977556

CRE, like any other employer (driving or not driving) is just an employer. They are training you in ***, schooling isn't for everybody, and yeah the pay sucks while you are getting experience. But it is a step in the right direction if you're looking for a driving lifestyle. No job is all rainbows..everyone starts at the bottom when making a job change..so all you can do is grin and bear it. There is much truth in the other comments, but remember this.. DRIVING IS A LIFESTYLE..NOT JUST A JOB! Be ready for all the bs involved.

crispycoolbuzz

Mar 14, 2014 #794693

I went to there school in Salt Lake last year and yes you do get fed a lot of bs and yes if you are *** enough to get suckered into a lease then that is your own fault because you didn't take the time to read the freaking paperwork! If the people who are *** about CRE would have done some checking around before they left for training IE: looking on the internet or going to a place to the best place for information which is a truck stop or warehouse and talk to one of there drivers.
I have been driving for CRE for almost a year now and when they tried to get me to go the class on leasing a truck I went outside and had a smoke, went back in and got some coffee and went back out and had another smoke and killed time till it was over and when asked me why I wasn't in the lease class I flat out told them I'm wasn't *** enough to get suckered into that mess!
I got a good trainer who took the time to show me what I needed to know and a few old school tricks of the trade as well. I finished my training with no problems and was only in Salt Lake for 3 days before I was assigned a brand new truck and I even got assigned to Western Regional and I've never been stuck sitting longer that over the weeks and that's only happened a couple of time and I when I have asked for home time I am normally home within 2 to 3 weeks :)

Jester

Jan 01, 2014 #767001

The amount of complaints filed against C R England not only in shady business practices, but scams of every magnitude. A good example is the "our freight goes to the lease operators first" while you have already sat in NYC for 3 days, and used all of your advances getting their freight into the city. If you agree to sign a lease, they will have a truck in Pennsylvania, or Ohio that will magically appear. It is a career of servitude for them. You will have any control of your success, but suffer all of the failures while guided by their hands. Avoid this company at all costs, and if you want to be further horrified, there are plenty of negative reviews about them, but go to a truckstop, and find a current C R England driver, and ask him/her.

1 1 Reply
Mojo

Nov 10, 2013 #740542

I was told that I would earn between $800 - $1200. per week driving as a company driver. That never happened!
As a solo company driver, I earned .26 per mile; However, I was not allowed to get any miles because I was forced to swap all of my loads. The Trainers with Students are the priority in this company. They will tell you and encourage you to lease a truck and become a trainer - "if you want to earn any real money." So, once I was out on the Interstate with my load, I had to swap and accept a load that only had maybe two hundred miles left. I got out of that arrangement, and started driving as a team for a whopping .13 and 1/2 cents per mile. After driving 6,000 miles I earned less than $800. I felt like an *** for being so exploited by this deceitful company. I started looking for another job,and I was so lucky to find one that started me out at .42 per mile as a company driver. I have never been without a load less than one thousand miles. C.R. England is a good example of what is wrong with Capitalism.
:sigh

3 1 Reply

Jul 23, 2013 #685927 Los Angeles, California

being a trucker is not easy a lot of you guys and gals think its a job i look at it as a lifestyle where you will spend a lot of your time over the road.its a hard life if you have a family at home and your gone all of the time.all i can say to all of you who like to knock down england we should think trucking is not for me :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry ... Show more

3 2 Reply
Fishbelly

Nov 23, 2014 #905111 Hertford, North Carolina

You are so right cry babies stay home go find a new career

3 1 Reply
biptu6969

Dec 22, 2014 #919604

I've been reading alot of complaints and it seems to me this goes beyond being a cry baby. I've yet to get a straight answer about this company.

Jan 01 #923985 Mountain View, California

Straight answer, England is cheap and pays you the least ! they are the Walmart of trucking. Great place to shop but pay the employees dirt. Consequently the people who work for them are dirt. I had a lot of bad trainers. Just mean people, racist. But the trucks are great the buildings are good.

2 0 Reply
owner op.

Jun 05, 2013 #660794

someone has to pay for your testing? key word your. :)

dalyia2006

Mar 25, 2013 #628085 Moreno Valley, California

:( I totally agree with the people. I have fell a victim to this scam as well. I was a student in Nov-Dec 2012 and once I was done with my 20,000 mile training and waiting to go back out for my last 10,000 mile run I was never called back. Then I received a letter from the collection agency saying I owe 3,000 dollars for training. I never received a termination letter or anything from CR England which is very bad. I have consulted a lawyer now who said there can be a case but the only way he will do it and for free is if I am able to find other victims that were with this company. If anyone would like to participate and still have their documents and proof of what happened to them feel free to email me your name, email, and phone #. If you feel that you are uncomfortable with leaving the information you can contact the lawyer himself. My email is dalyia2006@yahoo.com or the lawyers number is 310-288-0854 and his name is David Berstein. If you choose to call him let him know you are calling about the CR England Law suit. They need to be stopped with this scam of free tuiton if you work for them but they never hire you.Also for the people with leasing issues or any other issues lets put them to a stop and get your money back or credit repaired NOW! FREE.

5 0 Reply
experienced driver

Sep 11, 2012 #540587

I would like to give my two cents to this converstation. I don't work for CR England, however I'm reading all these post like they are any different than any other company. Let me tell you from an experienced drivers point of view. I've drove for about 10 companies over the past 12 years. and I'm sure no one will like what I have to say, but any company that has over 1,000 plus trucks don't give a *** about their drivers. You as a driver are just another number, if you quit they have 75 plus students going thru school waiting for a truck, so you are very easily replaced. This isn't just CR England, this is any number of larger companies. If you truely want to be happy get your CDL, yes you will have to put up with one of these schools, but it will be worth it in the end, if you cant put up with a month or two worth of ***, than this career isn't for you anyways, once you get some experience go to a company that has 50-100 trucks, you will be known by first name, *** they will even remember your kids birthdays, you will finally be treated right, but don't expect that from CR England, or any other trucking company. So I'm not saying CRE is bad, cuz I dont drive for them, but I have came in contact with many of their lease drivers and they all seem to be very happy, so I'm not sure if the ones pissed off on here are just mad becasue they couldn't *** it, or what but CRE doesn't seem to be any worse than Swift, US Xpress, Warner, or any of the other multi-billion dollar trucking... Show more

2 0 Reply
melvin

Aug 27, 2012 #534618

I just don't understand how CR England has got way with. All these complaints people have made against. Complaints that would make dot open up an investigation.

SCREWED OVER

Jul 10, 2012 #510123

THIS IS DEFIINITELY THE WORST COMPANY YOU COULD EVER WORK FOR. YOU ARE FED A STEADY STREAM OF LIES STARTING WITH YOUR RECRUITER THRU YOUR TRAINING AND THEN THE PHASES ARE RIDICLOUS. DM'S AND TC'S WHO DO NOT GIVE A *** ABOUT YOU ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. IF YOUR LISCENSE IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE THEY WILL DELIBERATELY SEND YOU AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE, ALL THE WHILE TELLING YOU THAT THEY WILL GET YOU BACK IN TIME TO RENEW, DON'T BELIEVE THIS LINE OF ***. BE SMART DO NOT CONSIDER ENGLAND, GO TO ANYONE ELSE BUT THEM

4 0 Reply
Fed Up

Jan 16 #931983

HELP! WHAT DID YOU DO?
This just happened to me. Gone for 4 months on road. They sent me to Dallas with a load and then my license expired. I was stuck. No license at all. They got me a ride home from Dallas. They told me that the Burns Harbor, IN School would help me get an extension on my license that had already expired. I Got my provisional/temporary CDL through the school there and needed to switch it over to the state I live in. They kept sending me further away from home after I kept reminding them beginning 2 weeks before my license expired that I needed to get home to renew the license. The DM told me he was working on it. Well, the license expired right after I got to my drop off.
I called The school in IN. Was told I needed to go to Salt Lake City and take the tests over. Then I called and spoke with someone in Salt Lake City and was told I could take the tests over in my state and they would send a truck for me to take the test with. Now, I am really p.o.'d. I have no license to even drive my car. Will they pay for these 5 tests? Will they send a truck for me to use for the test? Asked who I could talk to about my contract. (Meant who at the company could I talk with about contract.) Was told to call the finance company. Please email me. I would like to talk with you about your experience and if they helped you get your CDL back? My email is clynch498@icloud.com

jdp

Jun 28, 2012 #503402

Wow im scared now. I start cr england schooling in 2 weeks and now reading this stuff im thinking not to even go. Im gonna look at other schools. Thanks ppl for the heads up.

Cody K

May 09, 2012 #478193

@ CR England Student: Ok, so one can not shave their head then to beat the hair stat test?

0 1 Reply
Cr England Student

Apr 16, 2012 #467015

first off a lot of trucking companys do the hair test along with the *** test, they do this because you can cheat the *** test by cleaning out your system and they know this, thats why they do both.

1-20 of 35 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Cr England.
Filing a new complaint about
×