I Came to CR England in April of 2010 after 12 years in EMS (Ambulance Paramedic), after getting burnt out on health care.I came there with little more than the clothes on my back.
My car had been repossessed, lost my house, and owed 40K in student loans. I attended the school in Salt Lake City, Utah from April 18 2010 to May2, 2010 and went out on the road for their 30 day phase 1 training. I had a great trainer, he was a lease/owner operator with two trucks, one he drove and the other by a private hire. He taught me a lot about the industry, and upon completing phase 2 I leased a 2009 century tractor.
I then became a p2 trainer and hired my first trainee as a second seat company driver. CR handled the payroll and only charges the lessee 12 CPTM (cents per truck mile) So i ran team doing 5-6K miles a week. While leasing I usually took home about 1200 per week and my second seat usually made 6-7 hundred. In November 2011 I completed the lease and did the lease purchase on my truck.
I am now a phase 1 trainer and bring home about 10K a month (yes I said ten thousand dollars!) I will own my truck outright by summer 2012, then my pay goes up another 3K a month. Of course I have plenty of complaints about little things at CR, but all in all this company has lived up to everything as agreed. I just capped my maintenance account at 10K and that means an extra 4-6 hundred bucks a week in my pocket.
So, for all the gripes you hear about this company and all the losers in the halls at the terminals complaining about being broke; there are just as many if not more successful IC's (independent Contractors) out on the road making it.Thanks for your time CRETRUCKERJ
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "First of all, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! They mislead me on price, took forever, and DESTROYED multiple items. Namely, I HAD a nice solid wood TV stand that..."
- "On May 19, 2014 my belongings were moved by my local Two Men and a Truck. As a senior, I hired them because of their claims like "movers who..."
- "We hired Dodge Moving & Storage to transfer our belongings from St. Louis, MO to Granbury, Texas. They basically damaged or destroyed every set we owned. Found out that they..."
- "On 4/3/13 I stopped in the Midas located at 102 W 25th St, Kearney, NE 68847 to have my tires rotated and balanced while driving cross country from Chicago, IL..."
- "Fantastic sams is definetly not what the name makes it out to be. I went in for a spiral perm and eyebrow waxing. Which has been the biggest mistake I..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."